Image Map

Monday, June 22, 2015

Dare to Dream

Challenge 2: What are my dreams for Teachers Pay Teachers?? Well I have been selling about a year and a half, and with each season it seems that my goals and dreams have changed.  Right now, I use any money I make from teachers pay teachers in my classroom and on my house.  I love not having to worry about what will my husband think if I buy this or how will it effect our family budget.  I am not buying classroom computers or anything but all those dollar store and target finds do add up. The bulk of our TPT money is spent on fixing up our house.  We have lived in our house for over 10 years now. We have needed some repairs but with only my husband working during most of those 10 years, those repairs were going to just have to wait.  I have a list I am working through and so far, we have replaced the kids sink and last week we finally got new carpet.
This was all thanks to TPT. Next on my list is to re-Stucco our home, new counter tops and appliances, and new bathtubs in our bathrooms.  I can't tell you how blessed I feel to be able to do this with the money I make through TPT. These are all my short term dreams/goals. My long term dreams feel to be a stretch, but I have learned that with God all things are possible.  This may not be His plan but it is my dream for now.  I started teaching in 2003, I taught for 4 years before I had these beautiful babies.

Now these babies are going to be in Second Grade in a week and a half!!
I stayed home with them until they were almost 5 years old.  We- yes WE went to a preschool/kindergarten private school.  I got a job at this school while they were going there.  Last year, I went back into the public schools with them next door.(I am that type of mom) So years have past and I am now 38 (soon to be 39) and only have 5 years invested in my retirement.  My dream is to not work 20 more years in the schools but be able to retire with my husband who only has 12 more years left. 

I would love to maybe even go back to that private preschool/kindergarten my kids went to and work there part time. Who knows what is in the future for us but I am excited that there are options.
Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, " plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

4 comments:

  1. Your "babies" are precious! I know they are not babies anymore, but we always think of our sweets as our babies, don't we? I love your dream of retiring early with your husband. That would be so fantastic! Good luck in all your ventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get to retire with your husband! I too left the school system to be home with my young children - but I liked preschool so much I've never gone back to elementary. The 6 years I have in the system is not going to cut it for retirement! Good luck with your dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your goals and how you put family first. I hope you are able to retire with your hubbs. God bless!
    Sandy @ Elementary Expedition

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love you! I admire your independent spirit, your love of your family, your initiative to take on anything fearlessly, your godly nature, and your peaceful spirit. Every time I think of you, see you, or hear you, my inside spirit jumps up and down yelling with so much pride, "That's my daughter!" Like I said, I just love you!

    ReplyDelete