Image Map

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Summer 2015 in Review

This summer break went way too fast! It is only about 5 weeks we get off. Within those weeks, I flew home to see my family in Texas.
I went to Albuquerque with a friend to shop for the weekend.  We got new carpet in our house.  The kids went to golf camp and basketball camp through NMSU.
We spent time around our little pool which is my favorite!
I made a wreath for our door. I love to craft so I needed to do something before my summer was over.  I bought my supplies at Hobby Lobby.
I pulled flower bushes apart and started playing with the placement.
I hot glued everything down and then glued a big bow on there.  I am from Texas so I had to put a big bow on it! I loved how it turned out.
Our favorite treat of the summer was Kettle corn.  I used to make it all the time when I was a stay at home mama. It tasted so good after a day of swimming.  If you would like to makes some of this yummy goodness you will need 1/4 C Oil, 1/2 C popcorn kernels, 1/4 C Sugar and some Salt. 
Put oil in pot with lid.  I add three kernels in the oil.   When those kernels pop, you know the oil is hot enough to add rest of kernels and sugar.  Cover pot,  shake pot every 10 seconds or so. When popping stops or slows, pull off burner and add salt and eat!
We finished off our summer with a cookout at the fire pit.
Now it is back to school!
OOhhh and did you notice the new blog design?!?!?! Thanks so much to Lindsey for this!!
L. Paull Designs for All
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment