Image Map

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Alphabet Pattern Block Center

Pinterest is time-consuming because you can be there for hours but you really can find some amazing resources.  I found this one years ago and pinned it and forgot about it. I have been trying to clean up my boards when I found this one again from Making Learning Fun.
http://www.makinglearningfun.com/themepages/Alphabet-PatternBlocks.html
I felt these alphabet mats would be perfect for a center for my kinders in my class.  It also has lowercase letters. I typically want some sort of record form for students to show they did the work at centers so I made a record form where they write the letter they made and how many blocks they used.   I put this form as well as instruction card to put with cards and blocks. 
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Alphabet-Center-Pattern-Blocks-Freebie-2103720
Just click on picture or here to get forms for free.  I have included the CCSS on the instructions.  I also wanted to share with you the cord problem with headphones and how I have prettied up the situation. First see this annoying picture below:
I must say I like to have cord bound a bit because there is no need for the length. I bought these colored french fry holders at Hobby Lobby in the party section for $1.99.  Next I laminated them so they would hold up all year.  I used an exact-o knife to cut opening.  I stapled them to the wall to hold the cords.
Ahh... much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment