Image Map

Friday, March 30, 2018

DIY Privacy Folders

I don't know why it is so pricey to buy privacy folders! They are a simple design and made out of cardboard. This is very frustrating, so I have made my own.  I have used file folders taped together and file folders just propped up which can be a disaster as they fall down, as soon as, the student touches it.  Here is my latest solution until something better comes along:

This costs me 50 cents per privacy folder (not counting the cost of the duct tape). Not bad right?! Here is what I used:
I got the project boards at the Dollar Tree.  I will be making 2 privacy folders out of one of the project boards.  You will also need duct tape, a box cutter and a yardstick or ruler to measure with.
Step 1:  Cut the project boards in half.  The half way mark for these project boards was 13.5 inches. 
Step 2: Cut some of the middle out because these are just too wide for a privacy folder. Measure from one crease towards middle 14 inches. Mark it and cut. Then cut at the other crease.
Step 3: Take the middle cut piece out and tape the board back together with duct tape. 

I wrapped the tape around the back and front. Viola the privacy folders are done and did not cost your whole paycheck.   Here is the finished product.  These would also be great for writing.  You could add resources taped or glued on the folder such as a letter strip, writing checklist or a mini word wall. 


No comments:

Post a Comment